Airport & Kitulgala – Arrival Day
- Upon your arrival in Kihulgala, clear the immigration, and exit from the airport. You will be greeted by our representative.
- We will take you to your hotel in Kitulgala, where you will check in, and evening at leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Meal – Dinner
- Kitulgala is a small town in the west of Sri Lanka. David Lean’s Oscar nominated classic “The Bridge on the River Kwai” was filmed on the Kelani River near Kitulgala, although nothing remains now except the concrete foundations for the bridge.
- Kitulgala is also a base for white water rafting, which starts a few kilometers upstream. Large numbers of people make the excursion from Colombo at weekends to enjoy the beautiful scenery, frolic in the river, and have excellent rice and curry lunch at the local restaurants.
- The Kelani River is wide at Kitulgala, but it is shallow apart from a deep channel near the opposite bank, so in the drier months it provides a safe and attractive place to swim, bath and play.
- White Water Rafting & Canyoning after breakfast
- Relax at the hotel
- Overnight stay in Hotel
- White Water Rafting …….
This thrilling adventure on the white water sections of the Kelani River is suitable for amateurs as well as professionals alike. During the river run you will experience the thrill of grade 2 to 3+ shooting rapids and the euphoria of making it through. The river’s clear water is born in the heart of the peak wilderness reserve and tumbles through a rocky gorge just above Kithulgala. The rafting location had a bout of fame, when it was chosen as a prime location in the filming of, David Lean’s 1957 award winning film ‘Bridge on the River Kwai.’ Whether you are 6 yrs or 75 yrs, our rafting rides which are run by professionally trained and experienced guides are safe & fun! A briefing is given prior to the river run with instructions on paddling techniques and “man over board” procedures. End the action packed 1.5 to 2 hours [approx.]
- Canyoning ………..
For those who would like to enjoy a river in a perfect thrilling but enjoying way , We provides our client’s to experience canyoning one of the most novel river based activity at “Kataram oya” with the all safety gears right after experiencing white water rafting in “Kelanai river”. Canyoning is dedicated for those who would like to adventure sports where slipping down from a rock and jumping to a rock pool filled up with crystal clear water which will refresh the client with all the safety gears.
Meal – Breakfast & Dinner
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast at your hotel. Singharaja Forest Reserve is a national park and a biodiversity hotspot in Sri Lanka. It is of international significance and has been designated a World Biosphere Reserve in 1978 and World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1988.
- The hilly virgin rainforest, part of the Sri Lanka lowland rain forests eco region was saved from the worst of commercial logging by its inaccessibility. The reserve’s name translates as Kingdom of the Lion.
- The reserve is only 21 kilometers (13 miles) from east to west, and a maximum of 7 kilometers (4.3 miles) from north to south, but it is a treasure trove of endemic species,
including trees, insects, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Explore Sinharaja Rain-forest is a world heritage site and a virgin forest, which can also be described as a Tropical Lowland Rain-forest or Tropical Wet Evergreen Forest. Whatever its ‘technical’ name, it is undoubtedly a rich treasure trove of nature with a great diversity of habitats and a vast repository of Sri Lanka’s endemic species found nowhere else in the world. Bird Watching in this ecosystem is particularly interesting because it is home to 95% of the endemic birds of Sri Lanka. Preliminary studies on the fauna of Sinharaja have revealed that there is a high degree of endemism among the butterflies, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. Named as a world heritage site in 1989, this lowland evergreen rain forest is steeped in deep legend and mystery. The word ‘Sinharaja’ means, Lion (Sinha) King (Raja), and it is popular belief that the legendary origin of the Sinhala people is from the union between a princess and the lion king who once lived in the forest.
- Your Schedule For 3rd Day
- Transfer to Sinharaja after breakfast
- Check in at Hotel
- Explore Sinharaja Rain-forest
- Overnight stay in Hotel
Meal – Breakfast & Dinner
- Yala National Park is the most visited and second largest national park in Sri Lanka. It consists of five blocks, two of which are now open to the public; and also adjoining parks.
- The blocks have individual names also, like Ruhunu National Park for the (best known), Block 1 and Kumana National Park or ‘Yala East’ for the adjoining area. It is situated in the southeast region of the country, and lies in Southern Province and Uva Province.
- The park covers 979 square kilometres (378 square miles) and is located about 300 kilometers (190 miles) from Colombo. Yala was designated as a wildlife sanctuary in 1900, and, along with Willpattu it was one of the first two national parks in Sri Lanka, having been designated in 1938.
- Your Schedule For 4th Day
- Transfer to Yala after breakfast.
- Check in at Hotel.
- Evening Safaris at Yala National Park.
- BBQ dinner & Overnight stay at Hotel.
- Wildlife Safaris at Yala National Park.
Your best chance to see a leopard is generally first thing in the morning and then again at dusk. The male leopards in Yala are very confident animals and they are often seen walking the tracks during the day. Young males in particular seem to have no fear of the jeep, which can lead to some excellent photographic opportunities. As we are setup very close to the park, you will be first in to the core areas, which are best for wildlife viewing and will be able to avoid long travel time to the park entrance, queuing for permits which take place before safaris begin Even during evening safaris you will be inside until last minute and the entrance to the campsite also mimics the experience of a mini safari through the forest. Apart from the leopards there are a large number of elephants living inside the park and they can be seen bathing in the numerous lakes in the vicinity. You can also see spotted deer, sambar, wild boar, wild buffaloes, sloth bear, jackal and mongoose. The bird life is also fantastic and it is amazing how close you can get to them from the confines of the jeep, you can see Rosy Starlings, Paradise Flycatchers, Crested Hawk Eagles, Blue-Tailed Bee-Eaters and Common Loras. Breakfast at Hotel, rest of day at leisure. Overnight stay at hotel.
Meal – Breakfast & Dinner
- Galle Fort Heritage Site – The 17th Century Galle Fort does not come without its fair share of history. The fortifications in Galle were initially begun by the Portuguese in 1587, which is when the Black Fort was built as a lookout post.
- It was however, much later in 1640 that the Fort was considerably expanded and many improvements were made under the Dutch. It was then that austere bastions were built and connected by thick rampart walls. The Fort finally fell to the British in 1796 who were the last in along line of colonizers in Sri Lanka over a period of four centuries.
- The Galle Fort thus encompasses many features of all its former occupants and has become a fascinating cultural, ethnic and architectural hybrid. Landmarks of note on this tour include the early nineteenth century lighthouse, the Old Dutch warehouses and the British clock tower.
- Breakfast at Hotel. Leave for Airport from Colombo to connect with your departure flight. Have a safe journey back home and thanks for choosing Book My Destiny Service.
- Transfer to Airport via Galle
- En route visit Galle Fort Heritage Sites. ( Depend on your flight times)
- Transfer to Bandaranaike International Airport for departure flights.
Meal – Breakfast
|| Plantation Hotel or Similar
|| Royal River Resort or Similar
|| Ceylon Tea Trails or Similar
|| Sinharaja Rest or Similar
|| Boulder Garden Hotel or Similar
|| Mahoora Tented Safari Camp
|| Serem Park Hotel or Similar
|| The Safar Hotel or Similar
|| Kumana National Park or Similar
- Arrival airport transfer from Kitulgala Airport.
- Return Airport transfer to Bandaranaike International Airport.
- 2 nights stay in Kitulgala.
- 1 night stay in Sinharaja.
- 1 night stay in Yala
- 4 open buffet breakfasts.
- Guided Sri Lanka City Tour.
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary.
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking coach.
- Professional English-speaking tour guides.
- All other airport transfers and Sightseeing are on Seat In Coach basis by Air conditioned vehicles.
- International and Domestic Air Tickets.
- Airport taxes, Over-seas mediclaim Insurance.
- Drinks during meals, Porterages, tips.
- Any item of personal nature such as Laundry, shopping, telephone bills etc.
- Any other item not mentioned in the Holiday ‘Price Includes’ head.
- Sri-Lanka Visa.
- GST EXTRA 5.00 %
- Initial deposit – Rs.15,000/-per person to confirm your booking with us.
- 100% payment to be made at least 15 days before departure.
- Total Payment in INR as per the prevailing exchange rate on the date of final Payment.
Payment Policy: Cancellation
- All services such as Airline seats / Hotel accommodation / ground transportation are pre-blocked well in advance. We are liable to pay penalties to all our suppliers / vendors if these services are released within the below mentioned time frame.
- If circumstances make you cancel the tour , the cancellation must be intimated to us in writing.
Cancellation Will Attract The Following Cancellation
- 35 Days or more prior to Departure 15% of the Tour Cost.
- 34 Days to 15 Days prior to Departure 25% of the Tour Cost.
- 14 Days to 08 Days prior to Departure 50% of the Tour Cost.
- 08 Days and beyond 100% of the Tour Cost.
Prices Are for a Minimum 2 passenger Traveling Together , No Refund for Un utilized Service .
- Check-in time at hotel is 14:00 hrs & check-out time is 11:00 hrs.
- Your tours and transfers are based on not at disposal basis.
- Your itinerary will be strictly on timings.
- Room rates based on standard rooms. Supplement cost will be applicable for valley facing rooms.
- Breakfast will start from day 2 of the itinerary.
- Services will be given in exchange of original vouchers/itinerary only.
- If lunch is included in sightseeing it will be light pack lunch.
- Portages and coach captain tips are extra.
- Optional sightseeing has to be booked in advance on your own by paying an additional cost.
- There is no refund for un-utilized service.
- On hilly areas the ac will not work.
- We will not be held responsible for any delays in airline leading to misconnecting of onward flights.
- During sightseeing the vehicle will go up to permissible point only, from that point any arrangement to be made all extra expenses shall have to be borne by the passengers.
- Any govt.tax levied must be borne by the passengers only.
- Pre payement of journey is not allowed. It will be treated as cancellation & accordingly the cancellation charges will be applicable.
- If accommodation is not available in the identified / specific hotel for the particular package tour due to reason beyond our control, we shall make our best efforts to shift the clients to hotel maintaining / having more or less the same standard. No complaint or claim shall be made by the client in this respect.
- If any airline is delayed or cancelled, Destiny Travels is not responsible for any compensation for hotels, meals, sightseeing or any other claim.